** Menlo Swim and Sport contract renewal

From: K Bass <katherine.bass_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 09:02:44 -0700

Dear City Manager:
Burgess Park swimming pool is a wonderful facility and Menlo Masters swimming is top-notch. I drive out of my way, right past Rinconada pool and Stanford's pool, to attend the Menlo Masters swimming program coached by Tim Sheeper. I'm sure you will get many well-deserved letters and emails praising Tim's excellent leadership and managerial skills. The Masters team has boomed under his direction - I can remember starting out back in 1995 or 1996 when we were in the small Burgess pool and it seemed like there were about 25 members.

The scope of Menlo Swim and Sport is impressive - age-group swimming, the triathlon team, Menlo Masters, Excellence in Futures, and more. The Excellence in Futures program, mentoring underprivileged local children, is a good example of the community-centered orientation of Menlo Swim and Sport; another is the February "Can-Do" food collection program for the homeless. Taken together, all these programs are important to the community as a whole, as well as to individual children and adults seeking fun, efficient physical exercise.

I sincerely request that the City of Menlo Park decide in favor of renewing the current contract with Menlo Swim and Sport.

Best regards,
Katherine Bass MD
2353 Saint Francis Drive
Palo Alto, CA 94303

650.400.8680 Received on Tue Oct 19 2010 - 09:03:28 PDT