Renewal of Menlo Swim and Sport contract with City of Menlo Park

From: Kim Freitas <kim.freitas_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 20:41:54 -0700

Menlo Park City Council,

I've been an active member of the Menlo Swim and Sport programs since the Burgess Park pool reopened. Our three children have taken swim lessons, attended swim camp, participated in the youth triathlon team and swim teams and I swim with Masters and train with Team Sheeper. The pool is a tremendous community asset that has been very well managed by the Menlo Swim and Sport organization. They've balanced the allocation of pool time for youth, masters, community and family programs, invested in the winter dome to make the pool more accessible to children during the cold months, kept the facility well maintained, clean and well functioning. The staff is professional, friendly, helpful and always ready to serve. I've appreciated the long hours offered which allows swimming to work with all our schedules year round. Most importantly, I've always felt my children were safe at Burgess Park.

I hope you will renew the contract for Menlo Swim and Sport. Tim Sheeper and his team have done an incredible job developing Burgess Park Pool programs and have continually adapted them to meet the needs of the community. They've proven they can implement great programs and will continue to develop programs that support healthy people and a healthy community.

Best Regards

Kim Freitas
535 Buena Vista Avenue
Redwood City Received on Mon Oct 18 2010 - 20:41:53 PDT