Renewal of Pool Contract

From: Vivian Johsens <vjohsens_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 19:17:41 -0700

Dear Council Members -

It is imperative that the pool contract at Burgess be awarded to someone who can maintain the plantinum standard that has been established by Menlo Swim and Sport. Menlo Swim and Sport at Burgess makes activity in the water available in numerous time slots throughout the day and across the spectrum of those who want to do their own thing, those who wish to have a structured vigorous workout, those who want to have a gentle group activity, and those who want to improve from where they are.

Even though I am the slowest swimmer in the pool, the coaches of Menlo Swim and Sport have always been very supportive in helping me. They are as helpful to me as they are with the younger, more competent swimmers in the pool. As a 79-year-old swimmer who receives great benefit, physically and emotionally, from being a part of the programs provided by Menlo Swim and Sport, I am extremely grateful to them for making it possible for me to maintain my good health in a safe and clean and nurturing environment.

Please make sure, in your awarding of the contract, that the swimming needs of everyone be met, young and old. Menlo Swim and Sport has been able to do that competently and reliably and consistently. When I go to the pool to swim at a scheduled time, I can count on a coach being there, a coach who is willing to help me if and when I ask for advice for a particular swimming stroke. At Burgess, before the pools we now have were built, this reliability did not exist. Consistency and reliability and sharing information on how to swim better are all factors that contribute to Menlo Swim and Sports' established plantinum standard of "How to Run a Swimming Program."

Don't let that go away.

Vivian Knudsen Johsens Received on Mon Oct 18 2010 - 19:17:41 PDT