** Renewal of Burgess Pool Contract

From: Bill Kirsch <bill_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 17:20:33 -0700

To Whom it May Concern-

I am a Menlo Park resident and strongly support the renewal of the pool contract to Tim Sheeper and Menlo Swim and Sport.

I have been a regular user of Burgess Pool since the mid- 1980's, and joined Menlo Masters at Burgess when Mr. Sheeper began running the program in 1994. I've been active in the program almost daily ever since and have followed the team as it moved to other facilities during the Burgess reconstruction.

I have thus had 16 years of extremely positive experience with Mr. Sheeper and his organization. The new pool facility is run with professionalism and care, and with a vision to provide for the entire community. Programs cater to every demographic. As a sign of his commitment to the swimming community, Mr. Sheeper took on the risk of tenting the instructional pool, at his own expense, to provide a more comfortable environment for winter programs. I can't imagine another operator who would have had the vision and guts to take that on. The tent has been a huge success.

Renewing the contract with Mr. Sheeper makes the most financial and practical sense for the City. Mr. Sheeper is a proven pool operator with a first-class reputation; a fiscally stable organization that benefits from one of the largest and strongest Masters swim programs in California.

I encourage the City Council to renew Mr. Sheeper's contract.

Thank you,

Bill Kirsch
872 Partridge Ave
Menlo Park, CA 94025