** Support for Tim Sheeper and Menlo Swim and Sport

From: bob hubbell <rghubbell_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 17:10:04 -0700

Dear Menlo Park City Council, We are Menlo Park residents and are writing to let you know how pleased we are with Tim Sheeper and Menlo Swim and Support.  I used to swim competitively as a child and now swim for fitness.  I have been a member of Tim's Menlo Masters team for the past 3 years but have had experience with public pools for most of my life - for 8 years before joining Menlo Masters, I swam in masters and lap swimming programs at 3 other public swim pools in the area (Rinconada Park pool in Palo Alto and Eagle and Rengstorff Park pools in Mountain View) as well as occasionally at Stanford.  In my experience, I have not come across another public pool facility that is as clean and well run as Burgess park - in fact I prefer Burgess to Stanford even without the twin 50M pools, diving tank, heated locker room floors and swimsuit dryers. Besides the Menlo Masters program we also regularly use the pools for lap swimming, open family swimming, and swim classes - my son Charlie has been enrolled for the past 2 years. While Tim is one of the best Masters team coaches I have ever swum with, I think what really sets him apart is his dedication and drive to continuously improve all the swim programs as well as even the facility itself, with the installation of the "Menlo Dome" during the colder months and more recently the plans to reconfigure the locker rooms into changing rooms to better accommodate swimmers during busier times. We are very happy and satisfied with Tim Sheeper and Menlo Swim and Support! Regards, Bob Hubbell Dana Shields Charlie Hubbell 1231 Woodland Avenue Menlo Park, CA 94025 650-326-7999 rghubbell_at_sbcglobal.net danaashields_at_sbcglobal.net Received on Mon Oct 18 2010 - 17:10:04 PDT