Menlo Swim and Sport

From: Deanna Lin <deanna_lin_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 12:15:56 -0700

Dear Ms. Brandell and City Council Members,

Iím writing in support of Tim Sheeper and Menlo Swim and Sport.

My entire family uses the Burgess aquatic facility quite regularly. While my husband and I enjoy both the Masters swim program and the flexibility of the regular lap swimming, the kids enjoy the open swim time and have also taken swim lessons there. Since our kids are old enough now, we plan on trying out the summer camp and Mavericks, which weíve heard such great things about from several people. Finally, I think the investment of the pool dome for the winter months was brilliant! My sister lives in Ladera and since their community pool closes in the winter, she brings her kids to Burgess to swim with us. It is so wonderful to take all the cousins to a warm indoor pool in the middle of a storm. It can sometimes save our sanity!

I think what impresses me so much about Menlo Swim and Sport is the overall coordination of so many diverse, quality programs. If you drive by the pool at any time during the day (starting at 5:45am on most days) youíll see a lot going on. I think itís wonderful that Menlo Swim and Sport offers such programs to satisfy ALL ages and abilities as well as multiple sports and community activities. I canít imagine any other pool operator that would be able to offer half of what Tim does. It would be a shame for the city of Menlo Park to award this contract to anyone but Tim.

Tim is an enthusiastic leader, incredible coach and philanthropist. He is an asset to our entire community.

Swimmingly,
Deanna Lin

OíConnor Street
Menlo Park                                                  Received on Mon Oct 18 2010 - 12:15:57 PDT