Swim Center

From: <jrexplores_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 15:19:12 +0000

My wife and I are very satisfied with the City of Menlo Park's swim center and its current operation . We drive in from Redwood City. I swim Masters and my wife does lap swimming. We swim 2-3x per week. We both were involved with the City's swim program before the current facility was built. The pool was of course out dated and the operation by City employees was less than desirable. The turnover of City personnel dealing with the pool operation ensured conditions were barely viable. The Masters team and lap swimmers assisted greatly in its operation. The current operator, Tim Sheeper, has been a breath of fresh air for the City of Menlo Park and the surrounding communities who actively use the swim facility. The facility has become, thanks to Tim Sheeper, a center for families to enjoy the City park. Besides operating the pool in a professional manner, the swimmers (Menlo Masters and others) have been involved in many community outreach programs - swimming and education. This portrays the swimmers, the pool facility, and the City of Menlo Park in a very positive light and a model for other cities. It would be a true loss if the Sheeper operation should lose its contract, both to the community and to the hundreds of swimmers who rely on this beautiful facility.

John Richardson and Jeanne Benioff
Redwood City Received on Mon Oct 18 2010 - 08:19:09 PDT