In support of pool time for SOLO Aquatics swim team.

From: Cecilia Mello <cecilia.mello_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 17:06:13 -0700

Dear Menlo Park City Council

*In support of pool time for SOLO Aquatics swim team.*

Our daughter, who is 5, has recently joined the swim team. This is a very positive experience for her. She has learned to swim with the SOLO Aquatics program. She was fearful of the water when she started a year and a half ago, but is now an extremely confident swimmer. She was in swim camp this past summer and liked it so much that she has joined the swim team. This is an opportunity for her to learn the healthy habit of enjoying regular exercise in an enjoyable setting. She is also learning a skill at which she is excelling and can be a source of well-earned self-confidence and pride. The positive coaching approach used at SOLO is very encouraging of children and supports their development appropriately. The long-term participation of the older members of SOLO Aquatics team also suggest they find the program a valuable experience.

Our son, who is 7, was in the SOLO swim camp this summer and also had a very positive experience. His swimming skills, comfort in the water, and physical endurance were all substantially improved.

I am a fan of the SOLO Aquatics swim program. I hope that you make access of SOLO Aquatics swim team to Burgess Memorial Pool a priority when renewing the contract for the aquatics program.

Sincerely,

Cecilia Mello and Clyde Jones

*Menlo Park residents*

--