** Strongly opposed to BEVMO

From: Chris Grammar <chris_at_(domain_name_was_removed)>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 17:47:40 -0700

As a small business owner in Palo Alto and homeowner in Menlo Park I am strongly opposed to the proposed BEVMO location. The city council should be supporting small locally owned and operated business instead of large big box stores. Big box stores destroy the charm and character of the city by wiping out small businesses.

We have 10 liquor stores in Menlo Park letting the BEVMO bullies in will just steal from the long term higher skill & paying jobs. To be replaced by short term minimum wage jobs.

Will shoppers want to come to downtown Menlo Park if we have national chain fast food shop on every corner? What's next a charming Wal-Mart, Costco, Petsmart and Home Depot?

The landlord at the proposed site forced out Chili's, Togo's and several other small shops with the promise of higher BEVMO rents last year. WHO's NEXT???   Do your duty, protect the city from these mega stores!

Chris Grammar

President

Allied Brokers

630 Cowper Street

Palo Alto, Ca 94301

650-328-1000   Received on Fri Oct 15 2010 - 17:50:57 PDT